Measuring Impact of Online Communications and Disinformation in Campaigns
Wednesday, November 11, 2020
4:00 – 5:30 PM ET
Please join DC-AAPOR and the Roper Center for a joint panel discussion highlighting the role of disinformation and online attacks on the 2020 election focusing on who and what most moved the vote and how did we know? Speakers will highlight the role of foreign vs. domestic bad actors, campaigns targeting the voter vs. the vote, the role of the social media companies, the tactics that worked and the most meaningful interventions. The panel will be moderated by Anna Greenberg, PhD (Managing Partner GQR). Panelists include:
- Jiore Craig, Vice President, GQR.
- Patrick Ruffini, Partner and Co-Founder, Echelon Insights
Please click the link below or copy and paste the URL into your browser to register.
2020 Election Polling: A Post-Mortem
Friday. November 13, 2020
4:00 – 5:00 PM ET
We don’t know if the election will be decided by the time of our postmortem, but we do know that we will have plenty to talk about. We’ll be digesting the 2020 election results, the plethora of polls and their implications. One particular focus for the panel will be on the effects of race, gender and generation on this vote and for the future. There will also be plenty of time to hear from the many pollsters in attendance. Click here to register. The panel will be moderated by Murray Edelman (Election and Polling Media Consultant). Panelists include:
- Amy Walter, National Editor of The Cook Political Report
- Mark Hugo Lopez, Director Global Migration and Demography Research, Pew Research Center
- Vincent Hutchings, Hanes Walton, Jr. Collegiate Professor of Political Science and African Studies and University Diversity and Social Transformation Professor at the University of Michigan
Other upcoming 2020 events:
Data and the Black Community
Early December 2020
The Annual DC-AAPOR Holiday party is canceled for 2020.
More information will be provided about these events as it becomes available. We look forward to seeing you at our upcoming events later this year!